As part of unicorporated Sarasota County, Siesta Key does not have its own city government. Siesta Key is governed by Sarasota County's regulations with the addition of coastal related rules. Due to the complexity of living on a barrier island, a separate special zoning district was created labeled the Siesta Key Overlay District (SKOD). For more information on zoning, vist our Zoning page.
Ask the County:
Do you have a general question for the County? Send us an email and we will track down the right person to answer your questions.
Sarasota County Government
Address: 1660 Ringling Blvd
Sarasota, FL 34236 Board of County Commissioners website: BCC District 4 (including Siesta Key): Commissioner Nora Patterson Phone: (941) 861-5344
To view County Commission meetings:
Sarasota County Sheriff
For non-emergencies and information:
Sheriff Department Dispatch: (941) 316-1201
Sheriff's Siesta Key Substation: (941) 349-2900
Crime Mapping: To find information on a possible crime in your neighborhood, check Sarasota Sheriff's great crime map at:
Sarasota Contact list
Popular Contacts in Sarasota County
- Beaches: George Tatge (941) 316-1309
- Building permits: Greg Yartono (941) 861-6020
- Code enforcement: John Lally for Siesta Key (941) 915-7548
- Emergency Management: Ed McCrane (941) 861-5495
- Health Dept.: Diane Shipley (941) 861-2852
- Lifeguards: JR Ayers (941) 861-2250
- Parks & Rec: Carolyn Brown (941) 861-5483
- Zoning: Brad Bailey (941) 861-6161
Click here for a complete list of Sarasota County's contact by subject matter.
Siesta Capital Improvement projects
For information on capital improvement projects on Siesta Key, click here: CIP map. The 3 largest CIP projects for 2012 and beyond are:
1) Siesta Public Beach Improvement Project
2) Repair of the North Siesta Key Bridge (at Siesta Drive)
3) Siesta Public Beach drainage project
Renovation of the Siesta Public Beach drainage pond will begin in July 2012. The pond which was a source of contamination in 2003 & 2007 will be moved and new pipes added that will drain the overflow 200 feet into the Gulf.
Emergency Services: The County has a comprehensive page with information on all hazards - Storms, Fire, Disasters and other public safety information on their website: Emergency Services
All Rights Reserved. Copyright 2011. Siesta Key Community Inc.